Thursday, January 17, 2008

Colonel Potter Cairn Terrier Rescue

Cairn Terriers are darling little dogs. I first in love with them while watching Toto in Wizard of Oz. My heart was stolen by a Schnauzer, but I still adore Cairn's. My neighbor has 3, plus foster dogs from Colonel Potter Cairn Rescue. They are an amazing group of dedicated champions of the Cairn Terrier. Some of the dogs are surrendered to them, others are rescued from shelters, and many are saved from puppy mills and dog brokers. I am inspired by their work.

No matter what my neighbors foster dogs have endured in their past, they maintain a big heart and spirit. After some time in a healing foster home, they are ready for their forever home. It's a sweet process to watch from over the fence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful this rescue has been set up. I thank everyone who gives, so generously, of their time and effort to this rescue effort.

I'd Hike That said...

Thank you for your blog mention! Stop by and check out our new blog dedicated to cairn rescue.
http://cairnrescue.blogspot.com/

Lynda
Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network